The Right To Live In A Safe World

Protection from being physically harmed or made feel badly by what people say.

I think that this human right is very important because, it is good to feel safe and live in a world where no one physically harms you or says something to you to make you feel bad about yourself. I think that no one has the right to harm you or even touch you. No one deserves to get beaten up for no reason.

There are many parts in the world where people are saying things to make other people feel bad, and there are also many parts in the world where people are getting physically harmed for no reason. For the last few weeks we have been reading a novel called the “Breadwinner”. It is about a girl who is about 11 years old named Parvana, and she lives in Afghanistan where there is a lot of physical harm and people saying things to make you feel sad about yourself.

In this novel the Breadwinner Parvana’s Father gets arrested, so later on after a couple days Parvana and her mother go to the prison to visit Father and try to get him out of prison. Parvana and her Mother can’t take the bus because they are women and they weren’t accompanied by a man. After hours of walking to the prison they finally get there. Parvana’s mother pulled out a picture of Father she held it up and showed it to one of the Taliban that were standing inside the prison, Mother yelled ” Let my husband go.” She kept repeating and repeating ” Let my husband go” until the Taliban started beating up Parvana’s Mother.

Everyone deserves to live in a safe world. No one deserves to worry about getting physically harmed or feel bad about something someone said no matter where you are or how old you are.

By: Felwa Nasieef